20 Great Uses for Tea Tree OIl
- Use a dab to treat acne.
- An anti-fungal for treating Athlete’s Foot, eczema, various yeast infections, etc.
- An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
- An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
- Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
- Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
- A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
- Treating sinus infection.
- For dandruff and dry scalp.
- In the form of aromatherapy, tea tree oil is used to treat colds, persistent coughs, acne, toothaches, and sunburn.
- To create an all-purpose cleaner, combine 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water in a spray bottle.
- Another version would be 14 ounces of water with 1 ounce of Murphy’s oil soap and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix the above solution with kosher salt to scrub bathtub and bathroom tiles.
- Add a few drops to dishwasher dispenser, then fill with a green dishwashing soap.
- A few drops added to each load of laundry leave your clothes smelling cleaner.
- Control mold with a tea tree oil/water spray.
- Remove mustiness with that same tea tree oil/water spray.
- To keep germs at bay, spray it on high chairs, car seats, and other high traffic spots.
- 15 drops in a quart of water can be an effective insect repellent.
- Be sure to take some with you when hiking and camping to put directly on insect bites or blisters.